This is one of the three major buildings architect Cuthbert Broderick designed in Leeds city centre, along with the Town Hall and Corn Exchange. Built in 1862, this was originally the Leeds Institute Building which provided education for the city’s industrial workers, and until its transformation in 2005, it also was used as the Civic Theatre for amateur theatrical performances.
Entrance is free and it is well worth going in to see the massive map of the Leeds City area on the floor of the main auditorium, along with the definitive history of the city. This image is taken from the side of the Electric Press building, the main colour that is present in this shot is yellow. All other colours have been removed except Magenta, which you can see on the O2 at the top left of the building.
All of our high-resolution gallery images are available to purchase as canvas prints, acrylic prints, or solid art boxes. Please refer to the product descriptions below for more information. More info »